Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Burning Again

It's been long enough, I think, since I’ve been consistent on here. I'd really like to be consistent in more things. For example:
  •  Getting up in the mornings to read and stretch and move before the Goobers get up.
  • Looking at the stars, especially when the moon is huge and round to hang out with too.
  • Vacuuming.
Just to mention a few.

Also, to write here every Tuesday like I did before this. So I offer you some lovelies to get things burning again:


Same Thing

I laughed because I didn't know what else to do.
Really I was squirming inside my skin.
Kicking and screaming inside my stretchy skin.
He touched my skin with strange hands,
and he kissed my skin with strange lips.

A stranger to me --
I had never seen him before.

A stranger to him --
he didn't ask who I was, who I am,
just assumed he'd make me feel full?

I wish he wouldn't have touched me.
I wish he wouldn't have kissed me.
I wish he wouldn't have assumed anything.
No. I wish I wouldn't have laughed.

Two women stood witness.
Their eyes --
I wish I could have disapeared into their round.
Now when women laugh, I try to really listen.
If they need them,
I try to offer my eyes.
Hollow places where they can be swallowed,
just for the moment, if they so wish it.

Sometimes, when people make that face,
I can't tell if they are laughing or crying.
Sometimes, maybe it's the same thing.

________________________________________________

The Game

I know what you want me to say,
so I'll say it,
because I don't want to see you again.

I know what you don't want me to say,
so I won't,
because I don't want to see you again.

I know the game.

I know the face you want me to wear.

You put your feet up on the chair.
In China that gesture is offensive.
I wear Chinese symbols for a reason.

But I'm in debt to you,
so it doesn't matter what I want you to do,
and it doesn't matter what I wear for me.

I will not wear my own face in front of you.

You don't want me to.

I know your game,
and I play it,
because I never want to see you again.

 ________________________________________________

 Hide and Seek

Pearls yearn.
We're born of sperm.
We sit and squirm.
What questions are okay to ask?
To think, and then say out loud?
For you I burn.

But that's not a question.
Is it?
What lays inside,
yearning to come out?
Where do we look --
awkward --
when those questions come out?

You wrap your shells around me
and I am safe on your soft tongue.
From them I come.
For you I hum.
And when I'm ready,
I will be said out loud.

Ready or not,
I'm going to open my eyes.

original here



2 comments:

  1. Ooh, yummy! This is so exciting to see you here again! And with such aching little delicious morsels to whet our appetites? It's a mighty good day, indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...