Thursday, January 26, 2012

300 Words or Less: Ring Around the Rosie

Every Thursday I want to start posting some original work -- teasers from the novel I'm working on, some of my favorite poetry or prose I've done in the last few years, maybe some flash fiction or short essays, etc. -- all within 300 words or less. 

Thursdays are hard. No doubt, sometimes you just need a quickie.

So lets start off with: 


 Ring Around the Rosie 

I know the right answers,
the ones people want to hear.
My head is tired from the answers
that other people want to hear.
My feet hurt, but I don't know why.
I'm angry today, but I don't know why.

The quick fix to pick up sticks
is just not to knock them down.
But what if, in my fall,
they tumble,
as I tumble,
and together, we all fall down.


Hours logged today: 5    Pages logged today: 4 (had a rough one this time -- usually I can get about one page per hour, but I struggled to finish my 13th chapter. Not surprising?)   Total pages logged today: 116

Moment of Magic today:

 "You can find all the others if you are brave..."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...